Developed in conjunction with the Acoustic industry, TENSORGRIP X40 CANISTER is a web spray adhesive designed for use in fabricating acoustic wall panels.
Tensor Grip® X40 is developed in conjunction with the acoustic industry for all acoustic panel bonding applications. Tensor Grip X40 is a fast drying contact adhesive, suitable for all types of acoustic panel installation and applications including in-house and on-site bonding processes.
TENSORGRIP X40 AEROSOL ADVANTAGES
- Non-Flammable Adhesive
- Fast drying 3-4 mins with excellent initial green strength bond
- Low VOC
- Excellent High Coverage of up to 230m2 per 22ltr canister
- High tack – adheres aggressively to nearly any surface
- 80% of Final Strength achieved immediately upon bonding
- Long open time 45-60 mins
- Open time allows for repositionability for panel alignment prior to bonding
- Low Odour – suitable for Building Sites
- High (105°C) temperature heat resistant
- Can be tinted for visability of application coverage
- Low Atomisation limiting overspray
- Full strength achieved in 24 hours, high strength long-term bond
- Portable Airless self sufficient Aerosol Canister Spray System with adjustable spray patterns
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Prepare panel and substrate for TensorGrip® X40 adhesive application. Apply TensorGrip® X40 adhesive to both the panel and substrate surfaces in an even manner with 80-100% surface coverage. Spray the pattern with a 50% overlap on passes of spray pattern holding the spray gun within 150mm of the surface being sprayed Using a spray-release-spray method to avoid excessive build up of overlapped adhesive patterns. Cutting in can be done by adjusting the spray gun to a smaller fan width spray pattern to allow for intricate spraying Porous surfaces may need a second coat, if needed, allow for first coat to tack-off before applying the second coat.
- Allow enough time for the glue line to tack-off (3-5 Minutes or until dry but tacky to the touch without any transfer of wet adhesive to fingers) before placing panels and creating the bond. Apply the panel to create the bond within the open time of the Tensor Grip X40 adhesive (within 45-60 minutes). If you have exceeded the open time, spray a fresh glue line and adhere within the open time. Full Surface pressure must be applied to bonded panel using a laminate type roller within 10 minutes of the panel being applied to facilitate full adhesive transfer and a strong bond. Initial bond is strong enough to allow for cutting or trimming immediately if needed The bonded panel should be smooth and free of air bubbles, wrinkles, gaps and or blemishes.
- Maximum bond strength is achieved with coverage of 100% and recommednded coat weight of 20 dry grams per M2. FOR CEILING APPLICATIONS APPLY A PERIMETER BOND OF CONSTRUCTION ADHESIVE (TENSORBOND ACA).
- Clean any surface as necessary with the Tensor Citrus Based C101 bio-degradable adhesive cleaner and remover
CANISTER STORAGE/CHANGE OVER
- If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister. Close and lock the spray gun.
- To change or disconnect canister: turn canister valve to the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister.
- Reconnect the spray hose to a new canister of adhesive. OR if you are NOT connecting to a new canister, connect hose to canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed open time of the adhesive. Keep canister off cold concrete floors during use. If adhesive is expelled wet or as a jet, canister is too cold – move to warm environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
TENSORGRIP X40 AEROSOL CAUTION
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Do Not thin or reactivate with solvents.
- Do Not incinerate.
- Do Not expose to extreme heat over 50°C.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose.
- Test for suitability before use.
MSDS and Technical Date Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent. These products are for industrial use only.
TENSORGRIP X40 AEROSOL CHEMICAL TECHNICAL DATA
|VOC Content:||70.0 g/L|
|System Flammability:||Non-Flammable Adhesive; Flammable (2) Propellant|
|Solvent System:||Methylene Chloride|
|Dry time:||3-5 mins dependent on temp & humidity|
|Shelf Life:||18 months from date of manufacture|
HANDLING & STORAGE
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use.
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Do Not store directly on concrete floor.
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 15°C.
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times.
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder.
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection.
- Always test Tensorgrip F10 to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production.
Insulation Easy online store sells a wide range of thermal and acoustic insulation products. In addition to this, we also sell Kingspan Kooltherm®, Kingspan Air-Cell®, Mass Loaded Vinyl, Nuwrap Pipe Lagging Insulation, Foilboard Greend Rigid Panels, Fibertex Rock-wool, Autex GreenStuf, Knauf Earthwool, Fletchers Pink Batts and Bradford Gold Batts.
If you have any questions or require a special delivery quotation, don’t hesitate to Contact Us! You can also get a free obligation quote here. Check out other insulation supplies in Insulation Easy.