As part of our HVAC & INSULATION range, Tensorgrip H30 Aerosol is a web spray adhesive suitable for metal sheeting, foam and insulation bonding applications.
TensorGrip H30 Canister is a non-chlorinated, high solids, synthetic rubber spray grade multi-purpose adhesive designed to bond quilt, fibrous insulation materials and fabrics to duct work in HVAC markets. H30 is a versatile, high tack spray adhesive with a long open time and excellent strength for bonding a wide variety of substrates including polystyrene & EPS, fabrics, upholstery, foam, plywood, MDF and many others.
Tensorgrip H30 Aerosol ADVANTAGES
- HAPs free.
- High tack.
- Excellent room temperature contact bonds.
- Excellent green strength and good heat resistance.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- This product is designed to be applied to two surfaces to be bonded together. Make sure that surfaces are clean, dry and free from dirt, dust, oil, loose paint, wax or grease, etc. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be between 60 degrees F – 80 degrees F (16degrees C – 27 degrees C).
- Use with adequate ventilation. When possible we recommend shaking the canister well before using. Attach and secure hose tightly onto the spray gun with required tip. Attach the other end of the hose onto the canister. Make sure the hose-valve connections are securely tight. Open the valve on the canister slowly and fully, check for leaks during this process. Unlock the trigger on the spray gun to start spraying.
- Prior to use, Check compatibility by spraying a small test patch of the adhesive on the substrate. This product may degrade some substrates. Spray about 10-20 cm (4” – 8”) away at a 90 degree angle to the surface, applying a uniform, even coat of adhesive to obtain 80% to 100% coverage of the surface. If necessary, spray another coat of adhesive in areas that appear to need more adhesive. Spray both surfaces to be bonded, one surface vertically and the other surface horizontally. Allow the adhesive to tack off until no adhesive transfers to the knuckle when touched.
- Adhere surfaces and press together with adequate pressure. A roller is recommended to apply a uniform pressure to achieve maximum strength. Allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully cure.
- If the spray tip clogs, unscrew the spray tip from the gun and clean with solvent such as lacquer thinner or acetone. Do not use a pin on the spray tip orifice.
CANISTER STORAGE/CHANGE OVER
- Turn valve on canister into the off position, spray out remaining adhesive left in the hose, disconnect the spray hose and gun from the canister. Reconnect the spray hose to a canister of cleaning solvent (sold separately) and spray out until liquid is clear which indicates that the hose and gun is clean. If you choose to leave the hose and spray gun on the canister, leave the valve on the canister open. Do not disconnect the hose/gun from the canister. Close and lock the spray gun.
For optimum results store canister above 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C. Allow substrates to acclimatise to normal room temperature (18°C) for 48 hours before bonding. Do not exceed open time of the adhesive. Keep canister off cold concrete floors during use. If adhesive is expelled wet or as a jet, canister is too cold – move to warm environment and allow to thoroughly acclimatise before reusing.
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- DO NOT thin or reactivate with solvents.
- DO NOT incinerate.
- DO NOT expose to extreme heat over 50°C.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Release pressure before disconnecting hose.
- Test for suitability before use.
MSDS and Technical Data Sheets MUST be read and understood before use. Information contained in this technical literature is believed to be accurate and offered in good faith for the benefit of the consumer. The company however cannot assume any liability or risk involved in the use of its chemical products since the conditions of use are beyond our control. Statements concerning the possible use of our products are not intended as recommendations to infringe on any patent.
CHEMICAL TECHNICAL DATA
|Solids Content:||30.0% +/- 2.0%|
|Viscosity:||300 cps +/- 50 cps|
|Specific Gravity:||0.66 to 0.70|
|Failure Temp:||> 95°C|
|Open time:||1 hour|
|Colour:||Clear or Red|
|Flammability:||Flammable adhesive with a flammable propellant|
|Dry time||1-3 mins|
|SHELF LIFE:||18 months from date of manufacture|
|13.6 kg||Disposable canister suitable for industrial use only|
|68 kg||Returnable canister suitable for industrial use only|
|500ml||Aerosol suitable for industrial and general public use|
Tensorgrip H30 Aerosol STORAGE
HANDLING & STORAGE
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet prior to use.
- Do Not store at temperatures over 50°C.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Do Not store directly on concrete floor.
- For optimum performance, store at 18°C during use, but must always be above 10°C.
- When connected, keep valve open and hose pressurised at all times.
- Do Not close valve until ready to connect to new cylinder.
- Release pressure in hose before disconnection.
- Always test product to determine suitability for your particular application prior to use in production.
Insulation Easy online store sells a wide range of thermal and acoustic insulation products. In addition to this, we also sell Kingspan Kooltherm®, Kingspan Air-Cell®, Mass Loaded Vinyl, Nuwrap Pipe Lagging Insulation, Foilboard Greend Rigid Panels, Fibertex Rockwool, Autex GreenStuf, Knauf Earthwool, Fletchers Pink Batts and Bradford Gold Batts.
If you have any questions or require a special delivery quotation, don’t hesitate to Contact Us! You can also get a free obligation quote here. Check out other insulation supplies in Insulation Easy.