Fireseal Party Wall Batt – for vertical joints applications only
Bradford Fireseal Party Wall Rock-wool Insulation Batts is designed for installation in Party Wall vertical joints applications only, it is not appropriate to be used to seal areas at the top of either a masonry or lightweight wall system. Fireseal Party Wall Batts may also be stacked to fill cavities up to 255mm in height. Multiple layers must be stacked neatly and should be installed as one unit.
Bradford Fireseal Party Wall Batts are made from non-combustible Rock-wool, which is specifically designed to meet the fire protection requirements for inter-tenancy walls in multi residential applications.
Fireseal Party wall Batts are designed to reduce fire hazards by separating one dwelling from another to provide the building occupants with the maximum time to escape safely by maintaining sufficient structural adequacy, integrity and insulation. There are principally 3 key areas for reducing fire hazards:
- Controlling fire within a compartment
- Controlling the spread of fire between compartments through openings in external walls
- Providing early warning to building occupants
The incorporation of the correct insulation products in the design of passive fire protection systems can save lives and also complement the installation of active fire protection equipment (i.e. sprinkler systems and fire alarms).
Party Wall Sealer applications for wall perimeter and cavity junctions in Class 1 Buildings need to meet the relevant Deemed to Satisfy requirements of Clause 18.104.22.168 of Volume 2 of the Building Code of Australia (BCA). Inclusion of fire rated building products such as insulation are covered by the BCA.
BCA specifies required levels of fire resistance for walls that separate one dwelling from another, expressed as the Fire Resistance Level (FRL) of the wall in minutes. The fire rated walls must maintain sufficient:
- Structural adequacy – ability of a structure to maintain its stability and ability to hold up other parts of the structure.
- Integrity – ability of a structure to resist the passage of flames and hot gases.
- Insulation – ability of a structure to maintain a temperature below specified limits on the surface on the other side of the wall.
Typical party wall and common wall applications
Party Wall insulation products need to have remarkable resistance to shrinkage at temperatures encountered in fire conditions. One of the most common materials for party wall insulation is Rock-wool, such as Bradford’s Fireseal Party Wall insulation products, which are made from non-combustible Rock-wool.
Party Wall insulation products should be assessed in accordance with the general principles of AS1530.4, and need to be suitable for the stated FRL when designed in accordance with the relevant building and structural considerations, and installed in accordance with the manufacture’s details.
Features and Benefits
- Highly durable and cost effective fire insulation
- Remarkable resistance to shrinkage at high temperatures encountered in fire conditions
- Suitable for all standard party wall applications – easy-to-cut for constricted applications
- Performance is not adversely affected by contact with water
- Non-combustible (when tested to AS1530.1)
Fireseal Party Wall Batts Specifications
|Fireseal Party Wall Batts|
(mm x mm)
|Pieces Per Pack||Linear Metre Per Pack||Product Code|
|100||1200 x 168||5||6||119161|
Insulation Easy online store sells a wide range of thermal and acoustic insulation products. We also sell Kingspan Kooltherm®, Kingspan Air-Cell®, Mass Loaded Vinyl, Nuwrap Pipe Lagging Insulation, Foilboard Green Rigid Panels, Fibertex Rock-wool, Autex GreenStuf, Knauf Earthwool, Fletchers Pink Batts, and Bradford Gold Batts.
If you have any questions or require a particular delivery quotation, don’t hesitate to Contact Us! You can also get a free obligation quote here. Check out other insulation supplies in Insulation Easy.